Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Why the 2012 Turkey Season will be the BEST EVER!

Okay, so by the title one might think that I might have some inside information about turkey quantities, movements, habits, etc., or some scouting secrets to get you onto more birds.  The truth of the matter is, for me this season has nothing to do with the turkey themselves, but rather the hunt, and more specifically whom I get to hunt with.  This season, I will have the opportunity and privilege of taking my 8 yr old son Joshua out for his first Oklahoma Turkey Season.  As a father of two boys, I have been looking forward to this moment since they were born:
 
1.  The opportunity to pass down to my sons the joy, knowledge, and responsibility of hunting and the outdoor life. 

2.  To pass along the appreciation of God's wonderful creation of nature and wildlife, and our call to have dominion and stewardship over it. 

3.  The blessing of spending quality time with my sons and teach them how to hunt, both ethically and for success.

This list is by no means exhaustive, but it outlines a few of my reasons why, for me, the 2012 Turkey Season will be the BEST EVER!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment