Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hey Javy, I joined the Snake Kings

If you have seen the movie Courageous, then you are aware of the scene where Javier Martinez (Javy) is explaining how he started a gang called "Snake Kings".  As a member, he and his brothers would go around riding the neighborhood of snakes.  My wife is terrified of snakes, so wouldn't you know we had one in our yard as she was going to our garage.  Of course, she came running back in the house screaming frantically.  Being the manly guardian that I am, I went to my gun safe and pulled out my Remington 12 gauge shotgun, and proceeded to take out the snake:

Headless Snake and divot


Remains of the head about 8 feet away from the body on the driveway


Needless to say I am a hero at our home.  My wife's adrenaline is now lowering, and we have one less snake to terrorize her...all in a days work as I serve and protect my family.

Here's the "Snake Kings" scene from the movie Courageous in case you have never seen it:



1 comment: